Chia seeds are an amazing food and there is a reason why they are called THE superfood. Here, we present you 8 facts why chia seeds can help you lose weight.
1. Chia seeds have low glycemic index, they regulate blood sugar level and thus the appetite. Remember how you get hungry and without energy if your blood sugar level drops after big and sweet meal.
2. They are rich with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and nutrients. With all that they help to control craving for food. Particularly craving for sweet food and carbohydrates can result in deficiency of certain vitamins in your body.
3. Soaked seeds absorb 7x of its own weight, creating a sort of gel and making you feel fed for a long time.
4. Chia seeds contain a lot of dietary fibre and are very easy to digest.
5. An important part of losing weight is physical activity. Chia seeds help with body regeneration and greater endurance. This is also why they are very popular food among athletes.
6. Because seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids they help to burn fat during workouts. They also help forming hormone DHEA which is important for successful weight loss.
7. Chia seeds are healthy alternative to caloric and cholesterol rich eggs. When baking you can use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds instead of 1 egg. Simply soak 1 tablespoon of chia in 3 tablespoons of water and leave it for about 20 minutes.
8. When starting a diet the most difficult part is to abandon desserts. But you don’t have to do that with chia seeds. Why don’t you try amazing chia seeds pudding which will love also your children? You can find recipe HERE.